- 3 small cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 3 small white onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, peeled and minced (optional)
- In a glass or stainless steel bowl, combine the sliced cucumbers and onions. Sprinkle with a large pinch of salt, mix well, and let stand in a cool place for 10-15 minutes.
- Add cider vinegar, water, chopped dill, and sugar and garlic (if using). Toss to combine and refrigerate for 2 hours to let flavors develop. Serve chilled.
Tips & Notes
Choose small, tender cucumbers for their thinner, less bitter skin and seeds. For an Asian influence, substitute rice wine vinegar for the cider vinegar and cilantro for the dill. Use the optional sugar if you prefer less tartness.
Nutritional Information64 calories, 0 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 127 mg. sodium, 14 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 2 g. protein