The Darkness to Light’s Stewards of Children (D2L) training is an award winning, two-hour training for adults to learn how to reduce instances of child sexual abuse. The training discusses how to prevent child sexual abuse, recognize the signs, react responsibly, minimize opportunity with safe environments, and talk openly with children. The training is evidence-informed and approved nationally as continuing education for nurses, dentists, social workers, and dental hygienists.
Training is free and open to public, but you must email email@example.com to register for the events. The free training is made possible by the Primary Prevention Project. Once you are trained in D2L’s Stewards of Children, there are opportunities for other learning modules. Below are the scheduled trainings for May 2022 through March 2023.
D2L Stewards of Children – Virtual
- Tuesday, May 31, 2022 8:30-10:30am
- Tuesday, July 19, 2022 3:30-5:30pm
- Friday, September 23, 2022 9:00-11:00am
- Wednesday, November 16, 2022 4:00-6:00pm
- Thursday, January 19, 2023 1:00-3:00pm
- Friday, March 17, 2023, 8:00-10:00am
- Thursday, June 23, 2022 12-1pm Bystanders Protecting Children From Violations and Sexual Abuse
- Thursday, August 18, 2022 12-1pm Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children
- Thursday, October 20, 2022 12-1pm Healthy Touch for Children and Youth
- Friday, December 16, 2022 12-1pm Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
- Friday, February 17, 2023 12-1pm Talking with Children About Safety from Sexual Abuse