The mission of Women in Business is to inspire women of diverse occupations and to provide opportunities for personal and professional growth through leadership, education and networking.
Experience Works offers employment training services through the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) to low-income older workers in 56 counties in Minnesota. Experience Works partners with local 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit agencies in each of the counties we serve as training sites for participants. Experience Works also actively collaborate with local and public employers to create permanent employment opportunities for older workers who want to re-enter the workforce.
Experience Works is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of older people through training, community service, and employment
A networking group dedicated to helping local businesses acquire new business, increase their profitability, and maintain their clientele through structured networking. Their goal is to provide members with a unique but enriching experience, connecting them to other community members with similar goals, as well as to promote and grow Winona Area Businesses.
· Catalog available each season with classes for all interest areas for kids and adults.
· After School Activities program offers intramural sports, recreation, arts programs.
· Project COMPASS classes specialize in slower paced classes for all, customized classes for people with disabilities, parent and professional development workshops and support groups.
· Key Kids/Summer Key Kids is a child care program held after school, on non-school days and snow days for children enrolled in Kindergarten through Fourth grade. Summer Key Kids offers child care for children who have finished Kindergarten – Fifth Grade.
· Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) welcomes all families with children age birth to kindergarten. They offer information about child development and parenting techniques and give children opportunities to discover and learn.
· Community Preschools is located at Goodview Elementary.
· Early Childhood Screening is a FREE screening for all 3 – 5 year olds, available by appointment. This is a quick and simple check of how your child is growing and developing.
· Baby Connections is a great place to call if you are expecting or parenting a baby. Schedule an appointment for a baby visit.
Minnesota’s career development and talent matching resource. Guiding people toward rewarding careers, connecting individuals to opportunities and help employers find the workers they need to grow and thrive.
CareerForce is committed to continually working to enhance our services to employers, prioritizing equity at the center of everything we do, leveraging technology and innovation to meet our customers where they are and always striving to serve them better.
Library cards are free for Winona residents. Bring a photo ID with your current Winona address to get a library card. Then enjoy books, movies, music, Internet access, and the many activities and events put on through the library. It offers year-round activities for kids and adults.
Did you know?
- You can receive your library notices via text messages. Also available are pre-overdue library notices via email. These reminder notices are sent out a couple days prior to when your items are due. Go online to sign up.
- The library has a fax machine for public use. $1.75 for the first page, $1.00 per page for subsequent pages (payment by debit or credit cards only).
- We have a charging station for your phones and portable devices. Thanks to Winona National for sponsoring the station!
Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of meeting locations.
Headquartered in Rancho Santa Margarita, California, the organization has more than 270,000 members in more than 13,000 clubs in 116 countries.
Since 1924, Toastmasters International has helped people of all backgrounds become more confident in front of an audience.
Meetings in Winona are from 12:05-1pm on the first and third Tuesday of every month.
A group of Winona area professionals between the ages of 21-39 engaging in networking, developing personal and professional growth and getting involved with the community.
Chamber Young Professionals goals/objectives:
~ Provide FUN networking and social opportunities for young professionals
~ Help YP Club members get CONNECTED to the community
~ Offer tools for PERSONAL and PROFESSIONAL development
In an ever changing world young professionals are striving for personal and professional development. If YOU are looking for a great way to network, the Young Professionals of Winona Area Chamber of Commerce is the place for you!
If you want to learn more about the Chamber YP stop at the next social gathering, they are informal networking opportunities.
Social gatherings occur every 4th Thursday of each month from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm. Location: TBA.
The Rotary’s main objective is service — in the community, in the workplace, and around the globe. The 1.2 million Rotarians who make up more than 34,000 Rotary clubs in nearly every country in the world share a dedication to the ideal of Service Above Self.
Rotary clubs are open to people of all cultures and ethnicities and are not affiliated with any political or religious organizations. If you are interested in becoming a member click here.
This is a group of retired educators that meets four times a year over a meal, and includes a presentation. The group is half social and have business. Dues are paid, and fundraising is done for local organizations. Contact Jane Habeck for upcoming meetings.
The mission of WSU Retiree Center supports the mission of Winona State University and enriches the campus community as well as the lives of retired staff, faculty and administration by providing institutional connections between the University and WSU Retirees who may wish to continue their intellectual and social participation in collegial life and service to the University.