Welcome to the largest full service bicycle shop in the Winona area. Adventure carries bike models for the entry level rider through the most experienced pro level racers. They also have a complete repair shop and work on all makes and models of bikes.
Bike and snowshoe rentals available, plus maps of local bike trails.
Try the weekly mountain bike time trials. No fee, no travel, and lots of fun. Call for more information.
24/7 fitness center. Free week-long trial pass available. Cardio and strength training equipment, along with boot camp and core conditioning classes. Personal training at an extra cost.
Open 24/7 to members. Check website for staffed times.
Dollar Days every 1st and 3rd Sunday! Sign up for swim lessons for you and/or your kids.
This facility offers a variety of features including:
• 208 Foot Water Slide
• Olympic Size Swimming Pool
• Large Zero Depth Area (ideal for children due to the water level starting at zero and gradually getting deeper)
• Mushroom Waterfall
• Two Diving Boards
• Lap Swimming
• Playground Area
• Concession Stand & Grassy Area
• Spacious Deck
18 hole golf course.
The Bridges, set in Winona’s beautiful Pleasant Valley, offers striking vistas and a challenging golf course. Pleasant Creek winds through the course, coming into play on nine of the eighteen holes. Multiple tees and several elevation changes give all players the opportunity to challenge their game. Click here to schedule your tee time.
Brone’s Bike Shop is a professional level bicycle shop. Their service department and staff are qualified to fix all makes and models of bicycles ranging from the entry level department store bikes to your top-of-the-line specialty bicycle. If you are looking for quality and value in a service department then look no further!
- Service and repair
- Bikes, biking equipment and accessories
- Time Trial Series and Group Rides. Both events start and end at the shop. Meet at the shop a little before 6 and ride out to the course. Start time is 6:30 sharp at each venue.
Communities Off n’ Funning is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to creating, and supporting active endeavors in communities large and small. Our goal: to get kids, families and communities up, out and active by providing fun adventures and educational opportunities that inspire a healthy lifestyle and a passion for unplugged play.
Click here for upcoming events.
Volunteering with Communities Off N’ Funning is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have! It is the volunteers that ensure participants have a safe, inspirational experience and provide some awesome ooo-raa-raa support! If you’re interested in lending a helping hand for any of the events, please email email@example.com.
· Catalog available each season with classes for all interest areas for kids and adults.
· After School Activities program offers intramural sports, recreation, arts programs.
· Project COMPASS classes specialize in slower paced classes for all, customized classes for people with disabilities, parent and professional development workshops and support groups.
· Key Kids/Summer Key Kids is a child care program held after school, on non-school days and snow days for children enrolled in Kindergarten through Fourth grade. Summer Key Kids offers child care for children who have finished Kindergarten – Fifth Grade.
· Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) welcomes all families with children age birth to kindergarten. They offer information about child development and parenting techniques and give children opportunities to discover and learn.
· Community Preschools is located at Goodview Elementary.
· Early Childhood Screening is a FREE screening for all 3 – 5 year olds, available by appointment. This is a quick and simple check of how your child is growing and developing.
· Baby Connections is a great place to call if you are expecting or parenting a baby. Schedule an appointment for a baby visit.
CrossFit is a wonderful physical fitness activity for people of all ages and all abilities. It is about relative intensity and always constantly varied. It uses functional movements to make us stronger in everyday life. It isn’t easy, but most workouts last anywhere from 9 to 25 minutes. Stop by to see what a difference it can make in your wellness.
First class is free. Sign up for classes here.
A FREE drop-in recreation center. All are invited to come and play. Free access to a gym, table tennis, pool tables, skate park, and preschool open gym with toys.
Beautiful trail network for running, mountain biking and hiking.
Karate for all ages.
Karate-Do is excellent for self-defense and physical conditioning. It strengthens and stretches all the muscles of the body while providing aerobic exercise. People can work and learn at their own pace - either in a formal class, or on their own - with very little space or equipment. Most people find that karate training builds concentration and self-discipline. Karate can be practiced by people of all ages and all sizes.
KidSport Gymnastics is a fun and safe place for children to learn skills, build strength, and make lifelong friends. With classes available for boys and girls ages 18 months through 18 years, there is something for everyone! KidSport Gymnastics offers the best possible training and techniques in gymnastics as well as motor skills development.
Monday-Friday 4:30 pm-7:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am-12:00 pm
Rent ice skates, snowshoes, canoes, kayaks, bikes, helmets, life vests, discs for frisbee golf, and paddle boards – all for just an annual membership fee of $10! Children under the age of 4 are free, but still need to register. Membership is valid for summer and winter activities. All participants must sign a waiver.
Open space available to the public with games, puzzles, a piano, table tennis, bocce ball, board games, wireless internet and a fireplace.
Ice rink is available on the lake in winter. Indoor and outdoor facility rentals. Organized youth sports through the Park & Recreation Department.
Summer Hours (June – August): Monday – Friday: 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. (Open until 9:00 p.m. on Wednesdays to enjoy the Municipal Band from the water.) Saturday & Sunday: 1:00 ? 6:00 p.m. Fall & Winter Hours (September – May): Monday – Friday: 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Saturday & Sunday: 1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Let’s Go Fishing provides people ages 55 years and older with free fishing and boating excursions. This program returns a sense of freedom to the lives of guests, provides a safe opportunity to enjoy the outdoors, and offers time to socialize with peers and meet new friends.
Volunteers are invaluable resources to Let’s Go Fishing of MN. If you are 24 years of age or older, you may volunteer and assist with Let’s Go Fishing. Or, if you are part of the grand-kid program from 12 to 16 years of age, you may assist the adult volunteers of the program.
If you have the knowledge to operate a pontoon, you can be part of a two-person team who can take seniors on outings. There will always be a minimum of 2 adult volunteers on each pontoon – one to captain the watercraft, the other to assist. If you have the heart and desire to help the seniors and would rather not be on the water, you can help by volunteering at fish-fry’s, parades or other functions or fundraising events.
Click here to get started as a volunteer.
- Youth can act as a “mate” on boat
- Prepare boat for launch from dock, untie boat for launch, tie up boat after docking
- Close up boat following trip
- Assist participants with donning and removal of life vests
- Help fill out trip paperwork
- Distribute Lake View Drive in coupon and Donations envelopes to participants
- Distribute water to participants and crew as desired
- Help with sightseeing, point out landmarks and other things if they’re knowledgeable
- Assist participants with fishing
- Help load and unload participant from boats
- Youth Program (go into schools youth groups, etc. and help teach kids about fishing)
Summer months only, starting in May. Morning, early and late afternoon boat trips, some weekends. Need parental waiver on all youth volunteers younger than 18.
|Students in Maikido martial arts gain self-defense skills by studying striking and grappling techniques while standing and on the ground. We help you advance from beginning white through advanced black belt in an encouraging environment. The class stresses a scientific approach to understanding technique, learning a combination of effective methods often found in disciplines such as Karate, TKD, Judo, MMA and others. Try this class for free at any time, all fitness and experience levels are welcome. Maikido is an organization with a philosophy of giving back to our community through self-defense and personal development; our experienced instructors have been volunteering their time and skills in the Winona area since 1981. Class is currently offered with a minimal fee through Winona Community Education.|
Holistic development of mind, body, spirit to promote a compassionate, healthy and safe world.
At Manitou Center, the focus of embodied movement arts is cultivated through traditional health and wellness practices. We see these practices as vehicles by which to better understand our human potential in a variety of ways, including health, wellness, awareness, concentration, and self-confidence. Development and growth is guided by what each person brings to their own practice. Through understanding and experiencing our mind-body awareness, we access a gateway through which to develop a deepened understanding of our lives and our realities.
Click here for class and workshops