18 hole golf course.
The Bridges, set in Winona’s beautiful Pleasant Valley, offers striking vistas and a challenging golf course. Pleasant Creek winds through the course, coming into play on nine of the eighteen holes. Multiple tees and several elevation changes give all players the opportunity to challenge their game.
Information on offices, permits, kids and family events, and endangered species. Equipment rentals include GPS for geocaching, backpacks with hiking and adventure tools, and binoculars.
The refuge offers some of the best opportunities to see and enjoy migration. Visitors from across the United States and several foreign countries come here hoping to see Bald Eagles, Tundra Swans and the large concentrations of waterfowl. Others enjoy fishing, hunting or tranquil backwater excursions. Many of these visitors stop in nearby communities to fill their tanks with gasoline or eat a good meal and some stay in nearby hotels. The refuge promotes surrounding communities and encourages visitors to enjoy the many services and opportunities offered nearby.
Grab a GPS device – go out for a run or bike ride – view your activities on strava.com!
Strava grew out of our own needs as athletes. With busy lives requiring much solo training, we missed the sense of camaraderie and friendly competition that drove us to achieve our best through training with others. We envisioned Strava as the means to put our workouts and races into context. We call that social fitness.
Today, Strava lets athletes all over the world experience social fitness—sharing, comparing and competing with each other’s personal fitness data via mobile and online apps. Strava lets you track your rides and runs via your iPhone, Android or dedicated GPS device to analyze and quantify your performance. Strava makes fitness a social experience, providing motivation and camaraderie even if you’re exercising alone.
- 400-meter, 8-lane championship-level running track with full facilities for all jumping and throwing events
- Artificial turf regulation football and soccer field with lighting
- Adjacent grass practice field for soccer, football, and recreation
- Facility accommodates practices and competition for college, high school, and junior high school programs
- Open for use by community members, parks and recreation programs, elementary school programs
Scenic Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota nestles up into the beautiful Mississppi River bluffs just outside of Winona. To the south and east of campus, you’ll find a network of trails that run along the bluffs and into wooded valleys.
- No motorized vehicles on trails at any time
- No bicycles of any kind of trails
- No pets allowed on campus at any time
Westfield Golf Club, established in 1923, is a nine hole public golf course and club, offering a wonderful golf and fine dining atmosphere for your enjoyment.
Westfield has an outstanding golfing facility and programs for individuals as well as the entire family.
In addition there are weekday programs for outside groups both large and small.
The SMU Ice Arena is attached to the school’s 78,000 square foot Recreation and Athletic Center (RAC) facilities. The RAC includes an 8-lane competitive pool, 200-meter indoor track, and 4 multi-purpose courts. Along with the RAC, the university’s outdoor recreation facilities include baseball, softball and soccer fields, as well as 15 miles of cross country trails. Community members can call to find out when they are invited to use these facilities.
Project GO programs are community-driven outdoor programs that introduce children to nature during the afterschool and out-of-school hours. These programs are implemented by local communities using the GO Toolkit designed by Project Get Outdoors, Inc., a non-profit organization that created this program.
Project GO would not exist without the efforts of a vast volunteer network and dedicated interns. These individuals are critical to the ongoing success of the program.
There are a variety of local and statewide volunteer opportunities available to those who are interested in assisting. All volunteers over the age of 18 who will be working on an on-going basis with the children will be screened and trained.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota nestles up into the scenic Mississippi River bluffs just outside of Winona, an area overflowing with outdoor recreation opportunities: hiking, running, canoeing and kayaking, fishing, biking, golfing, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing.
Saint Mary’s 400+ acre campus provides many outdoors opportunities to our students as well as to the public, including almost 10 miles of trails. We encourage you to take advantage of the recreational activities below.
- Challenge ropes course – rates based on duration and number of participants
- The Woods disc golf course – FREE
- St. Mary’s network of trails – FREE
Winona Area Mountain Bikers aim to educate, promote and grow the sport of mountain biking through advocacy, youth and community involvement, and environmentally conscious decisions. We encourage cooperation between all silent outdoor recreation user groups to ultimately influence the mental, physical, and economic well being of Winona through an active lifestyle.
Fitness training made easy! From running maps to gym workouts, track all of your fitness workouts online or via mobile application. Your workout, your device, anywhere, anytime. Plan, track, analyze and share your journey with MapMyFitness.
· Catalog available each season with classes for all interest areas for kids and adults.
· After School Activities program offers intramural sports, recreation, arts programs.
· Project COMPASS classes specialize in slower paced classes for all, customized classes for people with disabilities, parent and professional development workshops and support groups.
· Key Kids/Summer Key Kids is a child care program held after school, on non-school days and snow days for children enrolled in Kindergarten through Fourth grade. Summer Key Kids offers child care for children who have finished Kindergarten – Fifth Grade.
· Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) welcomes all families with children age birth to kindergarten. They offer information about child development and parenting techniques and give children opportunities to discover and learn.
· Community Preschools is located at Goodview Elementary.
· Early Childhood Screening is a FREE screening for all 3 – 5 year olds, available by appointment. This is a quick and simple check of how your child is growing and developing.
· Baby Connections is a great place to call if you are expecting or parenting a baby. Schedule an appointment for a baby visit.
While programs and services have evolved throughout history to remain relevant to the Winona community, the foundation and mission have been steadfast.
To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
To connect and engage people to enhance lives and build community.
Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility
For Youth Development: Nurturing the potential of every child and teen
For Healthy Living: Improving the nation’s health and well-being
For Social Responsibility: Giving back and providing support to our neighbors
To improve the quality of life if individuals and community through positive outdoor experiences.
By advocating for people positively experiencing the outdoors, Seekers Wild will create happy, healthy communities. Participants in their programs will see increased self-reliance and confidence, improved health, and an abundant outlet for sustained refuge and balance within their lives. This in turn will also improve the mental health of the individual and allow them to be a more positive influencing member of the community and therefore exponentially increasing the quality of life of the entire community.
Horse ranch offers private riding lessons, boarding, and training. Private riding lessons are for ages 6+.
Outdoor opportunities for community members, staff, faculty, and students. With a low emphasis on cost and a high emphasis on fun, this is a great way to get hands on experience with new activities. Services include:
- Workshops & clinics such as baking bread on a camp stove, rock climbing and geocaching.
- Outdoor resource center with guidebooks, outdoor literature, maps and periodicals to help plan your next adventure.
- Equipment rentals including canoes, kayaks, rock climbing shoes, bikes, snowshoes, tents and sleeping bags.
- Professional certification courses in Outdoor Leadership.
- Outings & extended trips.
- Experiential learning facilitation to add to your curriculum.
- Indoor climbing center.
Your cross-country skiing guide to the upper Midwest. This site provides information on trails, trail conditions, training programs, equipment, lodging, races and race results, and general notices. Geographically, it covers all of Minnesota, Wisconsin, northern Iowa, the upper peninsula of Michigan, and the Thunder Bay area of Canada.
Communities Off n’ Funning is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to creating, and supporting active endeavors in communities large and small. Our goal: to get kids, families and communities up, out and active by providing fun adventures and educational opportunities that inspire a healthy lifestyle and a passion for unplugged play.
Click here for upcoming events.
Volunteering with Communities Off N’ Funning is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have! It is the volunteers that ensure participants have a safe, inspirational experience and provide some awesome ooo-raa-raa support! If you’re interested in lending a helping hand for any of the events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swim Lessons and Open Swim: Check out the Aquatic Center Calendar
This facility offers a variety of features including:
• 208 Foot Water Slide
• Olympic Size Swimming Pool
• Large Zero Depth Area (ideal for children due to the water level starting at zero and gradually getting deeper)
• Mushroom Waterfall
• Two Diving Boards
• Lap Swimming
• Playground Area
• Concession Stand & Grassy Area
• Spacious Deck
Brone’s Bike Shop is a professional level bicycle shop. Their service department and staff are qualified to fix all makes and models of bicycles ranging from the entry level department store bikes to your top-of-the-line specialty bicycle. If you are looking for quality and value in a service department then look no further!
- Service and repair
- Bikes, biking equipment and accessories
- Time Trial Series and Group Rides. Both events start and end at the shop. Meet at the shop a little before 6 and ride out to the course. Start time is 6:30 sharp at each venue.
Lake Lodge Recreation Center is situated on East Lake Winona at the foot of Main Street. A variety of outdoor equipment is available to rent including ice skates, snowshoes, canoes, kayaks, longboards, bicycles, discs for disc golfing, and stand-up paddleboards. Items may be rented for a daily fee or membership options are available. Children under the age of 4 are free, but still need to register. Equipment is available on a first-come, first-served basis. All participants must sign a waiver.
Refer to the website for rates and hours.