The Roman Catholic Diocese of Winona was erected in 1889, with the Church of St. Thomas (constructed in 1868) serving as the first pro-cathedral.
The Parish of St. Casimir was established on Christmas Day, 1905 to minister to the Polish residents of West Winona. It still occupies its original combination church/school building at 624 West Broadway.
The present Cathedral of the Sacred Heart building was constructed in 1952 to serve as the Cathedral to the Diocese of Winona at 360 Main Street. Cathedral also provides support and worship space for the St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Newman Center at Winona State University.
The Parishes of St. Casimir and Cathedral of the Sacred Heart were merged into a cluster in 2007.
Check website for mass and confession times.