Experience Works offers employment training services through the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) to low-income older workers in 56 counties in Minnesota. Experience Works partners with local 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit agencies in each of the counties we serve as training sites for participants. Experience Works also actively collaborate with local and public employers to create permanent employment opportunities for older workers who want to re-enter the workforce.
Experience Works is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of older people through training, community service, and employment
Find your next job or employee in Winona, MN. ABR hires positions in the industries of electrical components, electrical manufacturing, and machine shops. Apply for a position in electrical assembly, quality assurance, material handling, shipping/receiving, machine operation or CNC. ABR will help you find a position that meets your skills.
· Catalog available each season with classes for all interest areas for kids and adults.
· After School Activities program offers intramural sports, recreation, arts programs.
· Project COMPASS classes specialize in slower paced classes for all, customized classes for people with disabilities, parent and professional development workshops and support groups.
· Key Kids/Summer Key Kids is a child care program held after school, on non-school days and snow days for children enrolled in Kindergarten through Fourth grade. Summer Key Kids offers child care for children who have finished Kindergarten – Fifth Grade.
· Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) welcomes all families with children age birth to kindergarten. They offer information about child development and parenting techniques and give children opportunities to discover and learn.
· Community Preschools is located at Goodview Elementary.
· Early Childhood Screening is a FREE screening for all 3 – 5 year olds, available by appointment. This is a quick and simple check of how your child is growing and developing.
· Baby Connections is a great place to call if you are expecting or parenting a baby. Schedule an appointment for a baby visit.
Winona ORC is the community leader in providing job opportunities for people with disabilities, helping them realize their potential. Winona ORC provides job related services to people with barriers to employment in Southeast Minnesota.
It is our mission to provide community based employment, vocational training and comprehensive job related skills and services to people with special needs. We will design programs to work harmoniously with other community resources to maximize opportunities to our clients and our community.
We envision a world where all people are uplifted by working. Through pride, dignity, continuous learning and respect for all, we build a healthier community.
Manpower can help you begin and develop your career. Offers employers a range of services, including permanent, temporary and contract recruitment; employee assessment and selection; training; and consulting.
Express Employment serves local businesses with full-time and temporary employment staffing and job placement. They also provide human resource services and consulting.
Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of meeting locations.
Headquartered in Rancho Santa Margarita, California, the organization has more than 270,000 members in more than 13,000 clubs in 116 countries.
Since 1924, Toastmasters International has helped people of all backgrounds become more confident in front of an audience.
Meetings in Winona are from 12:05-1pm on the first and third Tuesday of every month.
Library cards are free for Winona residents. Bring a photo ID with your current Winona address to get a library card. Then enjoy books, movies, music, Internet access, and the many activities and events put on through the library. It offers year-round activities for kids and adults.
Did you know?
- You can receive your library notices via text messages. Also available are pre-overdue library notices via email. These reminder notices are sent out a couple days prior to when your items are due. Go online to sign up.
- The library has a fax machine for public use. $1.75 for the first page, $1.00 per page for subsequent pages (payment by debit or credit cards only).
- We have a charging station for your phones and portable devices. Thanks to Winona National for sponsoring the station!
The mission of WSU Retiree Center supports the mission of Winona State University and enriches the campus community as well as the lives of retired staff, faculty and administration by providing institutional connections between the University and WSU Retirees who may wish to continue their intellectual and social participation in collegial life and service to the University.
Minnesota’s career development and talent matching resource. Guiding people toward rewarding careers, connecting individuals to opportunities and help employers find the workers they need to grow and thrive.
CareerForce is committed to continually working to enhance our services to employers, prioritizing equity at the center of everything we do, leveraging technology and innovation to meet our customers where they are and always striving to serve them better.
The Winona Developmental Achievement Center (DAC) provides support to individuals 18 years and up with developmental disabilities. They provide employment in-center and in the community. They also have life skills, recreational, and community orientation programs.