Family & Children’s Center is a regional, private, not-for-profit agency that provides a continuum of services designed to strengthen families and promote individual well-being, including child abuse and neglect prevention, alternative schools, community-based counseling, residential options, community support programs, and several outreach programs.
- LEADERSHIP Alternative Education- services middle and high school students within 45 minutes of Winona
- Day Treatment (CTSS)- half day mental health service
- In-Home Counseling- counselors meet twice weekly with each family
- Matty’s Place- children’s advocacy center
- Outpatient Counseling- designed to help children and adults overcome social, emotional or mental challenges
- Tracking Program- check-in system of juveniles who are currently on supervision with Winona County Department of Corrections
- Treatment Foster Care- Enhanced Foster Care, Treatment Foster Care, and Exceptional Treatment Foster Care
- Youth Night Campus- includes three hours of group therapy per day, individual therapy if needed, academic support and independent living skills training
You can become a part of the life changing work that FCC does. With your unique skills, abilities, and experience you can help make a difference in your community. The majority of opportunities are intermittent.
You must be at least 21 years of age and pass a criminal background check to volunteer at the Family & Children’s Center due to state licensing regulations. They do not allow volunteers in need of court-ordered community service hours.
Click here to learn more about volunteering.