Let’s Go Fishing provides people ages 55 years and older with free fishing and boating excursions. This program returns a sense of freedom to the lives of guests, provides a safe opportunity to enjoy the outdoors, and offers time to socialize with peers and meet new friends.
Volunteers are invaluable resources to Let’s Go Fishing of MN. If you are 24 years of age or older, you may volunteer and assist with Let’s Go Fishing. Or, if you are part of the grand-kid program from 12 to 16 years of age, you may assist the adult volunteers of the program.
If you have the knowledge to operate a pontoon, you can be part of a two-person team who can take seniors on outings. There will always be a minimum of 2 adult volunteers on each pontoon – one to captain the watercraft, the other to assist. If you have the heart and desire to help the seniors and would rather not be on the water, you can help by volunteering at fish-fry’s, parades or other functions or fundraising events.
Click here to get started as a volunteer.
- Youth can act as a “mate” on boat
- Prepare boat for launch from dock, untie boat for launch, tie up boat after docking
- Close up boat following trip
- Assist participants with donning and removal of life vests
- Help fill out trip paperwork
- Distribute Lake View Drive in coupon and Donations envelopes to participants
- Distribute water to participants and crew as desired
- Help with sightseeing, point out landmarks and other things if they’re knowledgeable
- Assist participants with fishing
- Help load and unload participant from boats
- Youth Program (go into schools youth groups, etc. and help teach kids about fishing)
Summer months only, starting in May. Morning, early and late afternoon boat trips, some weekends. Need parental waiver on all youth volunteers younger than 18.