Communities Off n’ Funning is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to creating, and supporting active endeavors in communities large and small. Our goal: to get kids, families and communities up, out and active by providing fun adventures and educational opportunities that inspire a healthy lifestyle and a passion for unplugged play.
Click here for upcoming events.
Volunteering with Communities Off N’ Funning is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have! It is the volunteers that ensure participants have a safe, inspirational experience and provide some awesome ooo-raa-raa support! If you’re interested in lending a helping hand for any of the events, please email email@example.com.
Beautiful trail network for running, mountain biking and hiking.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota nestles up into the scenic Mississippi River bluffs just outside of Winona, an area overflowing with outdoor recreation opportunities: hiking, running, canoeing and kayaking, fishing, biking, golfing, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing.
Saint Mary’s 400+ acre campus provides many outdoors opportunities to our students as well as to the public, including almost 10 miles of trails. We encourage you to take advantage of the recreational activities below.
- Challenge ropes course – rates based on duration and number of participants
- The Woods disc golf course – FREE
- St. Mary’s network of trails – FREE
· Catalog available each season with classes for all interest areas for kids and adults.
· After School Activities program offers intramural sports, recreation, arts programs.
· Project COMPASS classes specialize in slower paced classes for all, customized classes for people with disabilities, parent and professional development workshops and support groups.
· Key Kids/Summer Key Kids is a child care program held after school, on non-school days and snow days for children enrolled in Kindergarten through Fourth grade. Summer Key Kids offers child care for children who have finished Kindergarten – Fifth Grade.
· Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) welcomes all families with children age birth to kindergarten. They offer information about child development and parenting techniques and give children opportunities to discover and learn.
· Community Preschools is located at Goodview Elementary.
· Early Childhood Screening is a FREE screening for all 3 – 5 year olds, available by appointment. This is a quick and simple check of how your child is growing and developing.
· Baby Connections is a great place to call if you are expecting or parenting a baby. Schedule an appointment for a baby visit.
Walkabout Winona is a premier student run tour company capturing Winona’s rich history street by street. Backed by the Winona State University (WSU) College of Business, Walkabout aspires to connect visitors and community members to the rich history of Winona through walking tours presented by a premier, student-run non-profit organization.