WIC is a nutrition program that helps families eat well and stay healthy.
WIC program provides:
· Nutrition Education – nutrition assessments, one-on-one counseling about food and nutrition, and breastfeeding to help you feed your family in a healthy way.
· Healthy Foods – WIC gives you vouchers to buy healthy foods.
· Health Services – WIC helps you with referrals to other health and social services.
Who is WIC for?
· Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or recently had a baby
· Infants from birth to 1 year of age
· Children from 1 year of age to their 5th birthday
To qualify for WIC you need to:
· Have a nutritional and/or medical need
· Meet the WIC income guidelines or be enrolled in another program such as MinnesotaCare