The Winona Family YMCA is now offering a six month Diabetes Prevention Program that helps you take control of your health and adopt the healthy habits needed to reduce your risk and prevent the development of type 2 diabetes.
From the DPP brochure:
Prediabetes is a reversible condition. Lifestyle changes such as eating healthier, increasing physical activity, and losing a modest amount of weight can prevent or delay the development of type 2 diabetes in those at high risk for the disease.
- Twelve weekly education sessions followed by monthly maintenance
- Individual health assessment by qualified health professionals
- Individual exercise/nutrition prescription and instruction plan from exercise specialist
- Confidential, weekly monitoring and weigh-in
- Group education classes led by Health Education Coordinator and community experts
For more information about the program, fees, or financial assistance please contact:
Connie Troke, Health Education Coordinator