Winona COVID-19 Community info hub Facebook Group. This public Facebook group is available for locals to share information.
Winona Neighbors Helping Neighbors Facebook Group. This public Facebook group is available to provide local resources and volunteers.
Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline
The World Health Organization defines Coronaviruses as, “family of viruses which may cause illness in animals or humans. In humans, several coronaviruses are known to cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)”.
The newest outbreak is a coronavirus, COVID-19. Currently in the United States there are 5,700 cases of COVID-19 nationwide. Worldwide 194,000 people have been infected.
This outbreak has brought much panic and uncertainty, but this public health threat can be prevented. COVID-19 is spread from person to person through droplets from the nose or mouth.
Follow these precautions to prevent COVID-19 (World Health Organization):
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Maintain a 3 feet distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider.
- Stay updated o the latest COVID-19 cases.